Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of increasing the volume of traffic to a website from search engines through the search results. The higher is your company's website's rank, the more surfers will visit your site.
An SEO process may include a site's coding, content, copywriting, and fixing other problems that will allow search engines from indexing your company's website. If you also want to improve the traffic on your website, you can contact Adelaide SEO experts.
Business can benefit from the SEO in a lot of ways which may include:
- Higher traffic
- Increase brand awareness
- Longtime positioning
- Higher sales
There are no such shortcuts to SEO success, search engines are not easily fooled. There are penalties known as "Black Hat" SEO techniques.
Image Source: Google
A few Black Hat SEO techniques are:
- Keyword stuffing: overusing the same keywords throughout one page in order to increase its visibility.
- Doorway pages: These pages have very little value and are solely used to trick the search engines and transfer a visitor from a chosen result to another.
- Mirror sites: This means taking the user to the sites that are a duplicate of your site
- Submitting your site repeatedly to search engine is also known as spamming.
Using any of the above tactics will not only get your site ranked in search rankings, but it will also make your site banned from search engines.
Types of SEO:
- On-page optimization: It deals with enhancing the contents of the website. This will make the site rank higher in the search engines. The main services include- keyword analysis, building keyword rich content, creating an optimized title and META tags etc.
- Off-page optimization: it deals implementation of a link building strategy. This results in the improvement of the website in popularity of a link.